SMARTXT UNIVERSAL LEARNING PROGRAM
The Smartxt program assists instructors with integrating multi-sensory technologies into their curriculum.
See how assistive technology can help you fill gaps with struggling students and how student tutors can serve as technical support to both faculty and students.
- Capture lectures with audio and visual recordings that can be accessed “On Demand” by students
- Positive and Negative Numbers - Sample lecture
- Go to Student Access / Smartpens for directions on activating file
- Learn how to record class lectures that can be enhanced with text along with different languages and made available to students “On Demand"
- Geography Lecture with text & translation
- Go to Student Access / Sonocent for opening lecture
- Enable students to listen to writing assignments while editing
- Improve free etextbooks by delivering them with text-to-speech support and instructor’s hints to help students critically approach reading assignments
- Experience trained student tutors supporting both instructors and students
- Use “How to” videos & documents to recall steps on using assistive technology with your class
- Access technical support in a virtual weekly round table chat room
- Echo Smartpens: Capturing and linking written and verbal instruction
- Kurzweil 3000.com: Web based text-to-speech software, reading PDF's and annotating free e-textbooks with instructor reading strategies
- Kurzweil Google Chrome App: Reading the web, emails and Google Docs
- Sonocent: Capturing classroom lectures, annotating audio lecture with text in English, converting English text to other text languages
PAST PROGRAM DESCRIPTIONS AND MANUALS
Article about Smartxt Universal Learning Program in USA Today 5/27/11, Pg.5 Article