SMARTXT UNIVERSAL LEARNING PROGRAM
The Smartxt program assists instructors with integrating multi-sensory technologies into their curriculum.
See how assistive technology can help you fill gaps with struggling students and how student tutors can serve as technical support to both faculty and students.
- Capture lectures with audio and visual recordings that can be accessed “On Demand” by students
- Positive and Negative Numbers - Sample lecture
- Go to Student Access / Smartpens (directions for opening file)
- Students use Kurzweil Chrome App to listen to writing assignments while editing
- Editing Sample
- Improve free etextbooks by delivering them with text-to-speech support and embedded instructor’s hints to help students critically approach reading assignments
- Echo Smartpens: Capturing and linking written and verbal instruction
- Kurzweil 3000.com: Web based text-to-speech software, reading PDF's and annotating free e-textbooks with instructor reading strategies
- Kurzweil Google Chrome App: Reading the web, emails and Google Docs
- Sonocent: Capturing classroom lectures, annotating audio lecture with text in English, converting English text to other text languages